With more people working and learning from home these days, it’s more important than ever to have a proper home office. It takes more than just pushing a desk up against the wall and plugging in your computer, though. For productive working and better learning, follow the organization tips below.
7 GREAT TIPS FOR HOME OFFICE ORGANIZATION
1. LOCATION IS KEYWhere your home office is located is the key to success. You don’t need a lot of space – a closet or even just a section of a room is enough to create the perfect office space. It just has to be big enough to put a desk in.
Avoid making your bedroom your office, however, as this could cause you to lose sleep overthinking all the work you need to do.
2. DEFINE YOUR OFFICE BOUNDARIESBy defining your office boundaries, you automatically enter “work mode” when you cross that line. Whether it’s an actual door and walls or a partition or curtain, outline your workspace so that your brain – and anyone else in the household – know that when you’re within those boundaries, you’re hard at work.
3. ENSURE YOUR COMFORTIt’s difficult to be productive when you’re uncomfortable, so it’s important you make sure you’re comfortable in your new home office. Invest in ergonomic furniture that’s not only comfortable but durable also. Working from home affords you many opportunities for comfort, so furnish your office accordingly.
4. FOLLOW WORK RULESJust because you work from home doesn’t mean you shouldn’t act like you’re working. Follow certain rules to be as productive and as efficient as possible while working.
- Keep non-work activities outside the office
- Keep your desk area clean and organized as clutter leads to chaos and stress
- Begin your day with a plan
- Don’t work in your pajamas. Get up and get dressed as if you’re going into the office each day. You don’t have to wear a suit and tie but get dressed.